Wolf Gap Estate Vineyard & Winery
Wolf Gap is an exceptional offering tucked away in the northern Shenandoah Valley that boasts an airy and luxurious estate home, a well-maintained 5-acre vineyard, and a spectacular winery tasting room. The 3-floor tasting room includes two outdoor decks where guests can enjoy breathtaking views of the nearby Great North Mountains and the estate’s namesake, the Wolf Gap. Conveniently located just ten minutes from I-81, Wolf Gap’s spectacular views, established vines of the most popular varietals, and well-built home and tasting room make this listing a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Vineyard and Winery
Wolf Gap is a true artisanal winery that has won many accolades for its unique vintages and blends since its founding in 2004. The owners have dedicated themselves to nurturing wine grapes that reflect the area’s special terroir and produce the highest quality wine possible. Wine Gap produces popular wines in small batches to better control the quality than is possible through mass production methods. The mature vineyard is currently planted with about one acre each of five different varietals: Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Traminette, and Chambourcin.
The winery building/tasting room provides space for storage and wine production as well as room for wine tastings and private events. The second floor is a stunning 800 sq. ft. tasting room with two connecting decks of different sizes (500 sq. ft. and 350 sq. ft.). The first floor, also about 800 sq. ft., is set up for wine production and aging. Finally, the cellar level is about 400 sq. ft. and is set up for bottling and labeling wine, as well as for storing cases of wine. There is a 160 sq. ft. greenhouse attached to the winery building in which flowers are grown for landscaping the estate grounds. The property also includes a 3,200 sq. ft. barn building with room for storing vineyard equipment, including a heated room for tool storage.
The sale includes all of the equipment needed for producing and bottling wine (including hoses, bottler, pumps, tanks, and corker) as well as the furniture and fixtures from the tasting room. The price also includes larger winery equipment such as tractors and mowers.
The property includes a stately brick 4-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom residence with 4,300 sq. ft. of living space on two floors. The incredible house has amenities for everyone to enjoy: all-season porches to enjoy the views, spa-like bathrooms, and a chef’s kitchen. Just outside the house is a 500 sq. ft. brick terrace (complete with a fire pit and fountain) that provides the perfect backdrop for private events such as the small weddings that Wolf Gap specializes in hosting.
Features of the Main Level
- Open floor plan with great visual flow from the main living area to the kitchen and dining room
- Airy and luxurious master bedroom suite with two large closets
- Peaceful master ensuite bathroom with a soaking tub and separate shower stall and incredible mountain views
- Screened porch off the master suite offering a place to enjoy fantastic views year-round
- Updated appliances in the kitchen including a chef’s quality gas cooktop, convection oven, electric oven, and double sink with instant hot water dispenser
- Kitchen views of the vineyard and Massanutten Mountain to the east
Other Features and Amenities
- Expansive deck/balcony extending across the entire rear of the house
- Covered front porch area
- 3-car garage with automatic openers
- Automatic backup generator in case of power loss (17kw)
- Finished basement with large entertainment area including fireplace, home-theater, and lounge area
- Temperature-controlled wine cellar for up to 750 bottles
- Three large rooms for storage
- Large guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom
Wolf Gap is an exceptional property with incredible and unique amenities. From its large acreage, 360-degree mountain views, and mature vines of the most popular varietals, Wolf Gap is ready for the right owner to grab the reins for its next exciting chapter. This turn-key winery’s features combine to provide the best country estate living that Virginia has to offer!
For More Information
Properties similar to Wolf Gap Estate Vineyard & Winery: